VO+PS "Advanced Algorithms and Data Structures"
This WWW page is the home page of
VO+PS "Advanced Algorithms and Data Structures" (AADS).
- VO: THU 08:00-11:15 in T03 (including a break of about 25 minutes);
PS: THU 13:45-15:45 in T03.
- The course will be given (in a blocked manner) at the times
- Both VO and PS will start on 07-Oct-2021, at the times given.
- AADS is a graduate-level course on algorithms and data
structures. Hence, theoretical knowledge of and practical experience
with algorithms and data structures at the undergraduate level will be
necessary to appreciate this course. Furthermore, we will rely on
undergraduate discrete mathematics, logic and formal reasoning, and elementary
probability theory. Likely, work for the PS will also require standard
- COVID-19 update:
Both VO and PS will be taught in
strict compliance with official rules and regulations. In particular, we will
follow the guidelines issued by the University's Rectorate.
Hence, details of how VO and PS will be held depend on regulations that are
beyond my control.
So, please be prepared for modifications and changes to occur on short notice!
- The slides used in the VO lectures are available as PDF files:
All three versions are updated consistently by means of a script. (Please
let me know if you'd catch a problem that might be due to this automated
generation of these PDF files.)
Grading policy for VO and PS.
Homework assignments for the PS.
Theoretical Computer Science Cheat Sheet (Steve Seiden,
ACM SIGACT News 27(4):52-61, Dec. 1996).