Our department comprises 9 working groups reflecting the main areas
of research, competence, and innovations:
- Applied Algorithmics
- Calculi and algorithms for automatic deduction, Discrete Event
Simulation, and Discrete Mathematics/Optimization,
- Computational Systems
- Principled engineering of concurrent software
systems. Embedded, real-time, and concurrent
programming. Virtual execution environments.
- Human-Computer-Interaction and Usability
- Design, evaluation and implementation of existing
and future interactive (computer) systems and interactive
- Knowledge-based and
Learning Systems, Mathematical Informatics
- Mathematical methods and results to problem fields in AI
and computer science. From knowledge management to artificial
- Parallel Algorithmics
- Parallel algorithms for data retrieval, linear algebra, elliptic
partial differetial equations, and multimedia.
- Scientific Computing
- High dimensional numerical integration, numerical
functional analysis, Monte Carlo and Quasi-Monte Carlo
methods, mathematical foundations of signal and image
processing, high dimensional numerics, robotics.
- Software Engineering
- Software design, implementation, reuse and
composition. Programming methodology. Embedded systems.
- Visual Computing and Multimedia
- Image and video compression, image analysis, multimedia security, biometrics, medical image processing, digital video broadcast, multimedia
home platform, multicast applications and protocols, multicast
webcaching, multicast security, computational geometry and
discrete mathematics/optimization, computer-aided (geometric)
design and manufacturing, geographical information systems,
- Aerospace Research
- Communication (development of new wireless technologies, integration
of networks, security), air traffic control procedures (automated
support for controllers and pilots, human in the loop simulation,
evaluation and validation of new procedures), and environment (air
traffic forecast simulation, noise abatement, CO2 reduction).
Technical Report Series
Here you can access the department's technical report series.